Camping? Going to the great outdoors. Whether you are an expert camper or a novice, like me, anyone can use a little camping hacks, tips and tricks. Learn the best way to store eggs, or see how much light expands when you create a lantern out of a gallon jug (no cutting required!) You might love these tips so much you are taking some of them camping, to the beach or your next picnic.
I believe that all of us campers want ideas that will make it easier when we’re out in the wilderness and Destination Tips have some great ideas to do just that!
- Plastic gallon jug to attach a light to, creating more light.
- Microfiber wash clothes because they will retain the moisture so you can use them to cleanse.
- Build a DIY shower by picking up a solar heated portable shower at the camping supply store and fill it up and you can use a beach wind breaker to make a shower booth.
- Use foam floor tiles made for children’s play rooms can make the ground cozy for your tent.
- Use sage to shoo away mosquitos. You can either apply a homemade sage based oil or simply burn it near your campfire to keep the mosquitos away.
- Make a make shift washing machine by using a bucket with a hole cut into the lid and sliding a plunger in to use as an agitator to wash your clothes.
- Make a DIY fire starter by placing charcoal into an empty egg carton and simply light it for an easy to start fire.
- Make some tick repellent with garlic, neem oil, rose geranium oil and tea tree oil to keep away those pests on the run.
- Keep eggs in a water bottle by getting an empty water bottle and filling it with pre-wisked eggs and you’ll always be ready to cook scrambled eggs.
- If you’re camping with a partner a two person sleeping bag takes up less space.
Watch this step by step tutorial by Destination Tips so you can be prepared for your next camping trip!