Give your home a touch of fall flair with this super easy $2 DIY Dollar Store Fall Pumpkin that only takes 5 minutes to make! All you need is a fall ribbon, a carvable foam pumpkin and a few supplies from nature.
With fall approaching, it’s time to start thinking about your fall decorations (*yippee*, I ❤️ fall). I’ve seen a lot of cute pumpkins in home decor stores that look easily DIY-able for a fraction of the price so it inspired me to create a really easy and cheap DIY fall pumpkin and this project definitely meets those criteria!
Supplies for DIY Dollar Store Fall Pumpkin:
- $1 carvable foam pumpkin
- fall ribbon
- stick for the stem (about 1″ in diameter)
- two maple leaves (you can preserve some from your backyard using this tutorial or simply buy a $1 pack of faux leaves)
- craft knife
- hot glue gun
Instructions for DIY Dollar Store Fall Pumpkin:
- Remove the green stem on your carvable pumpkin
- Using your craft knife, carve a quarter size hole (about a 1″ diameter) where the stem was.
- Measure how much ribbon you need to go from the stem of the pumpkin to the bottom and cut equal strips of ribbon.
I used 9 strips and each strip was about 8 inches long so I used a little more than half of a roll of ribbon to make this pumpkin.
- Glue the end of a strip of ribbon to the bottom center of the pumpkin and tuck the top part of the ribbon into the hole. Repeat for remaining strips.
- Push your stick into the top of the pumpkin. If it is around 1″ in diameter, it should fit perfectly in your pumpkin without having to glue it in place.
- Glue two maple leaves to the sides of the stem