Love the popular look of mid-century modern furniture? My parents had this style of furniture and I am just so upset I did not keep some, especially their dresser. With funky legs and accents, clean lines with a fun edge, mid-century modern furniture is timeless for a good reason. If you did not hold onto your parent’s old furniture, either or you can’t afford to buy the awesome designer mid-century furniture offered in stores, check out this project list of 50 ideas to get your going with a modern style on a budget. From bedroom furniture to cool living room decor pieces, you have plenty to choose from. I made the white dresser last weekend, a cool IKEA hack I could not pass up, and could not be more pleased with the results. We plan to update our bedroom, entirely using projects from this DIY list.
50 DIY Midcentury Modern Furniture Ideas
1. DIY Mid-Century Nightstand
Really love this simple DIY because anything with a hairpin leg is a winner to me. I also love the natural look and it looks beautiful in any space around the house. All it takes are some plywood sheets, hairpin legs, and some wood glue/nails/screwdriver. Let Burkatron help you get started with their easy-to-follow tutorial.
2. DIY Mid-Century Modern Desk
I have always been drawn to the mid-century modern look and this desk is an absolutely stunning piece. I have been looking for this kind of desk to put in my home office. It looks so sleek and so chic, I can’t wait to start building this!
3. Retro DIY Sideboard
I really adore this sideboard! This is seriously beautiful. I love the handles because they are so gorgeous. To top it off, it’s an IKEA hack and the way it turned out is so clever and perfectly stunning. I am thinking this would really look great in our bedroom
4. DIY Mid-Century Desk Wall Uni.t
Wow, this is so lovely! Another amazing project idea and I wouldn’t mind making this in the near future. I’m currently looking for a bookshelf and it might be a good idea to build one like this myself. I am also digging those plant accents they put beside the desk wall unit.
5. DIY Midcentury Planters
I am a sucker for plants and I just think they can instantly brighten your day. So when I came across this Mid century planter tutorial from Sugar and Cloth I got pretty excited! I really love the gold paint that they used for the legs. I will definitely try this one out.
6. Mid Century Modern Dresser DIY
I am so obsessed with the mid-century style. I think it looks so gorgeous. Those brass pulls are giving me life! I can picture this sweet statement piece in my bedroom and practically anywhere around the house. Another IKEA hack that would surely have a spot in my list of great ideas.
7. Before + After – Mid-Century Side Chair
This one is a lucky find from Dream Green DIY and has yielded a great end result. Although refurbished, the way it turned out makes this mid century chair an eye-catcher. It would look perfect in your living room so read on their tutorial to know how they did it.
8. DIY Mid-Century Modern Side Table DIY
This midcentury modern-inspired side table might look difficult to build but it’s a good project for beginner woodworkers who are ready to take it to the next level. This side table is so pretty that if it’s store-bought, it will definitely set you back a hundred dollars. Really impressive work from A Beautiful Mess.
9. DIY Live Edge Wood & Steel Table
I absolutely am in love with this table! They used cedar wood for the top which I think is an absolutely stunning wood. Indeed a wonderful piece that I hope to re-create in the near future. Read on the full tutorial from Lemon Thistle and prepare to be inspired so hard you would want to make it on your own.
10. Plywood Mid-Century Modern Daybed-DIY
Need a cozy place to relax and welcome guests too? Look no further because Deeply Southern Home has a great tutorial on a Mid-Century Modern Daybed. I also love the fact that you can move it apart. So versatile! For only $120, I can’t get over how gorgeous this turned out.
11. DIY Honeycomb Shelves
12. Mid-Century Trellis DIY
13. Turn a Kilim Rug Into a Modern Bench
14. Mid-Century Modern Table For Under $50
15. Pink Mid-Century Inspired Sofa Makeover
16. DIY Mid-Century bookcase IKEA hack
17. Mid-Century Inspired Plant Stand DIY
18. Mid-Century Modern Credenza Upcycle
19. Vintage Campaign Desk
20. DIY Gold Sea Urchin Starburst Wall Decor
21. Mid-Century Sofa Legs for your IKEA Sofa
22. Ruspan Leather Bench
23. IKEA Hack Mid-Century Modern Kalax
24. Mid Century Modern DIY Cal King Bed
25. Mid Century Modern Console Table
26. Mid-Century Mdern Cabinet
27. DIY Mid-Century Bench
28. Mid-Century Bar Cart
29. Mid Century Inspired DIY Bed
30. Mid-Century Inspired Triangle Leg Bench
31. Painted Drawer
32. Mid-Century Buffet Table
33. Two-Toned Mid-Century Modern Dresser
34. Nelson Bench Knock Off
35. DIY Mid-Century Coffee Table
36. Ugly Sofa Upcycled Into Leather Safari Sling Bench
37. Mid-Century Modern Dresser Makeover
38. Mid-Century Desk In Hurricane
39. Wes Anderson Inspired Entryway Console
40. Mid Century IKEA Chest Makeover
41. Vintage Night Stand
42. DIY Mid-Century Modern Sofa
43. Curvy Coral Dresser
44. DIY Wingback Rocker
45. DIY Telephone Bench
46. Mid-Century Modern IKEA Hack Sideboard
47. Century Modern Record Console
48. Make a DIY Mid-Century Modern Sofa Table
49. Mid-Century All Purpose Cabinet
50. Mid Century Modern Tiered Table Makeover