Warning… if you are on a diet do not continue reading this. I am about to share with you my Crockpot Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe. It is the most delicious dip recipe that you will ever eat and it is really easy. I make the caramelized onions in the crockpot, but if you don’t have 10 hours to caramelize your onions in the crockpot then you can do it in a frying pan.
This dip is delicious, with a mix of sweet and salty. Think store bough french onion dip but with the taste dialed up 100% and non of the yucky preservatives.
Crockpot Caramelized Onion Recipe
- 3lbs of onions
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 750ml of sour cream
- Slice onions in half moon crescents. Put them in the crockpot, drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss. Set crockpot on low for 10 hours. If you are around toss the onions around several times during the cooking process. To make your onions even stickier and sweeter uncover the lid and set the crockpot to cook for an additional 2 hours.
- When onions are done cooking put sour cream and onions in your food processor. Pulse until onions are incorporated with the sour cream.
- Refrigerate (or don’t) for 1 hour before serving to chill dip.
- Serve with chips and/or cut vegetables
I hope you like my Crockpot Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe. I’d love to hear from you if you make it. Make sure to check out our other recipe posts for other great cooking ideas and follow us on twitter where we share recipes we find from across the internet.
Tell me… What is your favorite recipe to bring to parties?