Today’s recipe is for Crockpot Soda Pop Pulled Pork Sandwiches (or Salads). Here is the menu board card:
Crockpot Soda Pop Pulled Pork Ingredients:
-Pork Shoulder Butt Either Frozen or Thawed (Size doesn’t matter.
-1 can of pop (If you want a healthier alternative you can put in 2 cups of carbonated water and a tablespoon of brown sugar)
-1 onion sliced
- Place pork shoulder butt in slow cooker. One of the things that I love about the slow cooker is you can cook meat from frozen. If you wake up in the morning and have a craving for pulled pork just throw your pork shoulder butt in your crockpot frozen and it will cook up just fine.
- Pour 1 can of pop on top. Our favorites are root beer, Dr. Pepper and cola but you can experiment with any flavor. If you prefer a healthier option use sparkling water and a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Slice one onion and add it to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours if your meat was thawed or on high for 4-6 hours if it was frozen.
- When your pork is done cooking pour cooking liquid into a measuring cup and shred pork in the slow cooker using two forks.
- If your pork looks dry add a few ladle fulls of your cooking liquid.
- Add BBQ sauce (how much or how little is up to personal taste). Mix BBQ sauce through meat.
- Taste and drool over how delicious what you just cooked is.
- Cover slow cooker and leave on warm until BBQ sauce is warm or you are ready to eat.
Cut bun in half, spoon pulled pork on bun then top with coleslaw. So yummy!
If you’ve been reading my blog you know that we are taking part in the Today’s Parent Healthy Family Challenge. This was our “Last Supper” before starting the challenge. To make it healthier I opted to forgo the bun on my serving and make a pulled pork salad. To do this just top your coleslaw with a dollop of pulled pork. It was delicious!
Have you created a menu board system yet or tried one of our recipes? I’d love to hear about it! What recipes are regulars in your home? What are your favorite comfort foods?