Well, shut my mouth and call me stupid! I wouldn’t have thought it was possible to make this! I don’t know how these people online figure all this brilliant stuff up, but I sure am glad! I’m in heaven!
I admit it…I am a die hard gum chewer. There, I’ve said it! If you think it’s unladylike then I’m unladylike! The good news is that now I can make my own gum!!! My kids love this idea too!
I’ve made this and I’ve tried a few different flavors. Gum is really easy to make and if I run out, I can just make more! Who would have ever thought you could do this!
I make up a few batches of gum and wrap them in cute papers. They make great little gifts and people are so surprised when I tell them I made it! I love the looks on their faces. It’s hilarious!
- 1/3 cup gum base
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- 1/4 teaspoon citric acid
- 6 drops of strawberry flavoring
- 3 drops of red food coloring
- Parchment paper cut into 3-inch squares
- Put gum base, citric acid, corn syrup and glycerin a bowl and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Stir mixture and put back in for 5-10 seconds intervals until completely melted.
- Add strawberry flavor and red food coloring and stir.
- Set aside two tablespoons of powered sugar to sprinkle over finished gum.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup powdered sugar on parchment paper.
- Drop gum mixture on top of sugar and knead together. Continue kneading gum, mixing in remaining powdered sugar until gum is smooth and rollable; approximately 10 – 15 minutes.
- Roll gum into a snake snape and cut into bite size pieces (about 1/2 inch). Kitchen scissors work best.
- Sprinkle each piece with powdered sugar and place in the middle of a parchment paper square; twisting each side to hold gum in place.