Happy Valentine’s Day from Sew Creative! I’m spending the day with my boys today, but thought I would pop on quickly to show a photograph that I took of Turtle’s favorite food- the kabocha. I thought it would also be nice to share a recipe for how to roast a kabocha squash.
1. Cut squash in half.
2. Scoop out seeds and pulp.
3. Put in a roasting pan or pyrex dish cut side up with half an inch of water.
4. Sprinkle squash lightly with salt. At the same time preheat your oven to 350 F. This will give the salt a bit of time to do it’s magic.
5. When your oven is done preheating, put the squash in to cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour. You know it’s done when it is fork tender.
6. Serve and enjoy! I like mine slightly mashed with a bit of butter.
Thank you to my sister Kara and her boyfriend Jimmy for introducing me to kabocha and teaching me how to cook it. They grow a ton of delicious varieties of squash in their garden. Kabocha is delicious.
Happy Valentine’s Day!