I LOVE to cook. I love experimenting with new recipes, making delicious meals for my family, experiment with new ingredients and hear The Hubs “Ooooh and Aaaaahhhhh” over the results. We love food in this house.
I’ll be honest though, as much as I love to cook, there are nights when I want to put a healthy and delicious meal on the table fast. I want it to take me minutes but taste like I’ve been slaving in the kitchen for hours. Food that tastes like it’s from a restaurant that I cook myself.
I was extremely excited and proud to be asked by Blue Dragon to be a brand ambassador for their company because their products are staples in my pantry. Their line of sauces, pastes, noodles and condiments are ingredients that I use and love. I’m excited to share this line of products with you because not only are they delicious, but they will also help you get dinner on the table in minutes. The beautiful stirfry above took me just 10 minutes to get on the table from prep to plating.
Chinese New Year was last week (Bean loves that it is year of the Horse since it’s one of her favorite animals). The Hubs and I were both working on Chinese New Year and by the time we got home we were pretty tired, but we wanted to have a special meal to celebrate. We decided to whip up a batch of Honey Teriyaki Beef Stirfry with Cashews. It was quick, easy and healthy but tasted like I had been slaving in the kitchen all day. With Blue Dragon you can make a meal fit for Chinese New Year every single night of the week.
If you are following along with the Sew Creative Menu Planning series this is Menu Board Card Number 14.
Honey Teriyaki Beef Stirfry with Cashews Recipe:
- 400 grams beef cut into strips
- Blue Dragon Honey Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Sweet Bell Peppers (we like red, yellow and orange)
- 1 Sweet Onion
- Cilantro (optional, for garnish)
- Blue Dragon Rice Noodles
- Cooking oil for stirfrying
Our Honey Teriyaki Beef Stirfry with Cashews Recipe is packed with flavor, healthy and can be on your table in less than 15 minutes from prep to plating (it took us 10 minutes!) Kids will love the sweet honey teriyaki and you’ll love the crunchy of the sweet peppers with the saltiness of the cashews.
- Slice onions and peppers. Place in separate bowls.
- Heat your wok or frying pan over medium high heat. When pan is hot add a tablespoon or two of cooking oil, coating the bottom of the pan.
- At the same time put hot water on to boil for your rice noodles. Put rice noodles in a large bowl or pot so they are ready to cook when your water boils.
- Throw onions into the pan and toss frequently. Allow to cook for approximately 2 minutes or until onions are starting to lightly brown.
- Throw peppers into the frying pan and toss with the onions. Don’t allow the peppers to overcook. Cook for approximately 1 minute or until the peppers are warm but still have a bit of crunch to them.
- Transfer onions and peppers into a bowl and set aside.
- When your water is boiling pour on top of your rice noodles so that noodles are covered in boiling water. Cover and set aside for 3 minutes or as per cooking instructions on package. When noodles are done cooking drain and rinse with water.
- Meanwhile make sure that your hot pan still has oil in it and throw beef in to stirfry over medium high heat. Toss until beef is cooked. Approximately 2 minutes. Turn heat to low and add your package of Blue Dragon Honey Teriyaki Sauce. Toss until sauce is warm then turn off the heat and add your vegetables back in. Toss so vegetables are coated with sauce then serve immediately.
- Place rice noodles on plate with stirfry on top. Top with cashew nuts and cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
“Disclosure: I am part of the Blue Dragon Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”
Tell me… How did you celebrate Chinese New Year? Does your family love Asian food as much as mine does? What are some of your favorite Asian dishes?