This DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe is a homemade, non-toxic alternative to keep those messy hands clean. It’s so easy to make and just a few ingredients. You can easily make bottles of this homemade hand soap for pennies compared to store-bought soaps.
Before this DIY Foaming Hand Soap, I used to buy these so-called natural hand soaps from the store thinking I was helping my family. But once I started reading the labels I found that many of the ingredients in hand soaps were loaded with toxic chemicals… even the “natural” ones.
And the hand soaps that were clean and organic often cost $5-10 for a 8-10 oz bottle. That’s $30 easily a month to make hand soaps for all 3 of my bathrooms. Add that up over a year and that’s $360.
Homemade Hand Soap vs. Store Bought
Here’s the thing… you can easily make own DIY Foaming Hand Soap for way less money and with just a few simple ingredients. And when I mean way less, I mean like pennies compared to those $5-10 bottles. You could easily make one bottle for like $1 a bottle. So for 3 bottles that’s $3 a month… and $36 a year.
Um, compare $36 vs. $360 a year. Which would you rather pay?
And the DIY version that’s $36 a year contains all-natural ingredients that you can feel safe about using for your whole family. It really effective on dirty hands, yet it’s gentle and safe – even for little ones.
About the Ingredients
- Liquid castile soap is a coconut-based soap that is non-toxic and non-irritating to the skin. It’s gentle enough to use on baby’s skin, yet great for cleaning skin naturally.
- Witch hazel helps to keep the water in this hand soap purified so it’ll last about a month.
- Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer and helps to soothe the skin. It works well to disperse essential oils too.
- Essential oils are used as a natural fragrance and help to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Foaming soap bottle like this 10 oz. bottle.
How to Make This DIY Foaming Hand Soap – Step by Step
1. Gather the ingredients together.
2. In a soap dispensing bottle, add water, castile soap, essential oils and aloe vera gel.
3. Replace lid securely and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
An Easy DIY Foaming Hand Soap
This recipe is so easy to make. It literally takes like 2 minutes to make and BOOM! You’re done.
It’s a cheaper alternative to natural store-bought brands, and you can change up the essential oils in this recipe to customize your scent and create seasonal blends For instance, I like Lavender in the spring because it reminds me of spring flowers. In the winter, try Thieves and Orange essential oils for a pumpkin spice scent.
Top Tips for This DIY Hand Soap
- A 10 oz soap container is a good size.
- If you don’t have Lemongrass essential oil, try Thieves, Tea Tree, Lemon or Lavender essential oils.
- This DIY Foaming Hand Soap will keep for about 3-4 weeks as the witch hazel helps to keep the water sanitized.
- Help children stay healthy by encouraging them to wash their hands frequently. Wash your hands with your child to show him or her how it’s done. To prevent rushing, suggest washing hands for as long as it takes to sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice!
related terms :
- how to make foaming hand soap
- foaming hand soap
- how to make liquid hand soap
- how to make liquid soap
- how to make hand soap slime
- how to make hand wash
- how to make slime with hand soap
- how to make slime with soap
- how to make hand sanitize
- how to make homemade hand soap
- how to make homemade soap
- how to make hand soap at home
- how to make soap at home
- how to make hand wash with soap
- how to make foam hand soap
- how to make antibacterial hand soap
- how to make antibacterial soap