Papers Please Day 12
December 4th, 1982
Day Twelve marks the first visit of M. Vonel, a Ministry of Information investigator. Much like other people visiting at the start of the day, time does not run while he talks, and he counts as a procession. You can get a bad end by handing him the EZIC cipher or coded document after he is done speaking.
The end of the day will be cut short following entrant eight (or run until 6pm if you do not get to the trigger entrant by then) by another terrorist attack.
Following work, you will get 2000 Credits as a gift from EZIC if you burned the 1000 credits the day before. Similar to Day Eleven, the gift is toggled on by default, but you can reject it.
You will also be given the chance to upgrade to a large apartment. You will be required to pay 100 Credits upfront to move to the Class Seven apartment, and pay more rent. There is no real benefit to moving into a larger apartment, but if you continue upgrading up to Class Five, you eventually get a Steam achievement.
- All entrants must have a passport
- All documents must be current and not expired
- All foreigners must have a valid, unexpired entry permit
- All Arstotzkans must have a valid ID card
- All workers must have a valid work pass
- All diplomats must have authorization to enter Arstotzka
- No weapons or contraband is allowed into Arstotzka
- Entrant One will be M. Vonel. After he is done speaking, hand him back his badge and the picture of EZIC’s symbol to continue the game, or the cipher or coded document to get a bad ending.
- Entrant Four is an Arstotzkan man named Messof Anegovych whose papers are always valid. Upon either approving or denying him, he will give you four business cards. If you hand all four out to entrants with a Work Pass that says ‘Engineering’, you will be able to receive the Arstotzkan token and the corresponding Steam Achievement, so long as you achieve this prior to Messof’s
return on Day Sixteen.
- Entrant Six will comment on the plaque given to you by Dmitri, the divisional authority, if you put it on the wall and still have it there.
- Entrant Six will be Mikhail Saratov, an EZIC operative. If you put the cipher and coded document together you would have gotten his name by aligning the top-centre opening on the cipher with the sun on the coded document. His Entry Permit is missing, so letting him in will result in a citation.
- Entrant Eight will be an engineer with valid papers. You can give him ne of the business cards from Messof to him before giving him all the rest of his papers back.
- Be absolutely certain to let Messof Anegovych through and hand the first of four business cards to Entrant Eight. Messof will later return and give you 5 credits per person you give the card to, up to a total of 20 credits.